Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SF History Update Project -- Final Comment


Now that you have completed your presentation about a modern decade of science fiction history, please write a comment that summarizes your contributions to the group. Every member of the group should comment individually. Be specific about what you did as far as research, writing text, creating slides or pictures, or putting everyone's work together. Once everyone has posted a comment, you should go back to the blog and read the comments by the others in your group. If you disagree with someone's statement of what they did, add another comment in reply.
In addition, you may comment about another group's presentation if you would like to acknowledge the work they have done and offer positive feedback.
Please post your comment by midnight, Tuesday, February 20, 2007.

10 comments:

read said...

I researched SF authors from my time period and recorded a script of the information I found. I then found some pictures that went along with my script and sent all of this to Brian who assembled it.

David. F said...

I researched movies and found some movie posters for our project sadly we didn't use any movies but hey just a heads up terminator 2 and all 3 of the back to the futures.

Charissa W. said...

I compiled all of the information, and created the entire PowerPoint presentation. I also researched the Hugo awards for the novels and films of the time period.

Brian W. said...

I compiled all of the pictures and matched them up with Read's audio files. I also looked for music that could be added along with movies, but at 3:30 am when I finished, I could not think of a good way to tie them in (plus, I wanted to go to bed)

T Sale said...

Henry H said:
Everyone in my group contributed to this project equally.
-Andy & Conner =video games
-Dan G. & Henry =movies
-Zach M. =books
-Ben S. =awards
(Posted for Henry by T. Sale)

T Sale said...

Conor L said:
For the science fiction slide show I found all the pictures for the video games and all the names for the games as well. Then Andy and I put everyone's slides together to make one slide show.
(Posted for Conor by T. Sale)

Unknown said...

I researched movies, games, and books.

helped make the slides.

did voiceovers.

and brought the powerpoint to school/dropped in drop box.

Rchase said...

for the project i researched video games and met with Tyler at his house to assist him in putting together the slideshow.

T Sale said...

This is Ashley H in your SF class. I was in one of the groups that did 1995 - 2005. Emily Newton and I did the book section of the project. We decided to split the years in half and find the novels that were the best sellers and that had gotten awards. I found summary's of those books and shortened them for the class to understand. I both found 2 novels for each year. As you may have noticed not all of the novels were in are slide show. After I e-mailed my works to the boys, I told them that they could put the one's they thought were the most interesting from Emily's and mine so everything would fit. They put 3 novels on the slide show and none of them were Emily's. Over all I think my group did a very nice job and worked together nicely.

Thank you for your time.
(Posted for Ashley by T. Sale)

Ben K said...

I researched some movies and a couple books.